If you’re a bachelor, you know all too well that it can be a scary world out there. Finding someone that you actually want to ask out is only the first challenge. Then comes the really intimidating part: asking her out. But you may be surprised to learn that one of the best ways to make yourself more appealing to that special someone is easy as can be and doesn’t cost a thing: it’s called smiling.
If that sounds hard to believe, just consider these important facts about your smile:
- Smiling makes you feel good about yourself and more self-confident. That’s not a myth. In fact, smiling releases endorphins in your brain. These endorphins – often referred to as nature’s “happy drug” – make you feel better about yourself and the world around you. And that adds up to a higher level of self-confidence. And who doesn’t need that when you’re about to ask her out?
- Smiling makes you more approachable. This should be no surprise. Just put yourself in her shoes: if you saw two women standing at a bar, one with a smile and one with a frown, which one would seem easier to approach?
- Smiling relaxes you. Scientific studies have shown this to be true. You won’t be nearly as stressed if you simply put on a smile before you ask her out on that first date.
- Smiling really is contagious. It’s not an old wives’ tale: other people really do smile back when you smile at them. We all have what are called “mirror” neurons in our brains, which encourage us to mimic the facial expressions of other people. So even if she says no to that first date, she might be doing it with a smile on her face.
- Smiling builds trust in other people. Once again, studies have shown this to be true. You’ll look much more trustworthy with a smile on your face.
- Smiling is simply more attractive – especially if you have a brilliant smile.
So now you should be asking yourself: are you smiling enough? And are you happy with your smile? Fortunately, there are several ways to improve even the most challenged smiles. If you have stained or damaged teeth, ask your dentist for information about whitening products or even cosmetic dental procedures. You may be surprised at how much a beautiful smile can make a difference in your social life!
Call us today to schedule your dental appointment at Cedar Park Premier Dentistry! (512) 782-0821