Routine dental cleanings and exams are essential to preventing decay and maintaining great oral health. It’s also important that you work to keep your teeth and gums clean and healthy with good at-home dental hygiene.
Sometimes you just forget or maybe you’re avoiding the dentist but it’s important to understand that your dental visits could help spot future serious oral health problems. Dr. Dale Williams, an Austin family and cosmetic dentist agrees, if you ignore your dental health for yourself and your family, you could be dealing with more than just a cavity later but instead painful dental problems.
If you’ve been skipping your dental appointments for a while now, how do you know if it’s time to visit your dentist?
Here are some signs and symptoms that indicate you need to visit the dentist right away:
- your teeth tend to be very sensitive to hot and cold food items
- you have bad breath that doesn’t seem to go away
- your gums are always dark red in color, puffy and/or bleeding
- you have problems chewing and swallowing
- you have pain in your teeth or jaw
- your mouth is extremely dry most of the time
- you have sores in your mouth that don’t seem to go away for weeks
- you regularly consume tobacco products
To get your oral health back on track with effective dental care in the Austin area, please contact Cedar Park Premier Dentistry to schedule an appointment.